Sunday 24 April 2011

Jack of Fables

A I mentioned before, Jack was one of my least favourite characters in the main Fables series. Now that his character has been expanded so much however, I've become quite a fan. Jack himself is quite an impressive trickster, which is certainly something I can appreciate. I mean, the man has sold his soul to hundreds of incarnations of the devil to extend his life and keep himself out of hell for as long as possible. On top of that, he's a womanizing egomaniac with a tendency to lose enormous fortunes mere days after he acquires them.

Many brand new characters were introduced in this series, from Babe the Miniature Blue Ox with a vibrant inner life (see above) and the Pathetic Fallacy, a man who can give life to any inanimate object to Mr Revise and the Literals, a group of being in charge of controlling the "plot" of life on earth.

Sadly however my time reading Jack of Fables was cut short by the fact that the 7th book in the series is the elusive "Great Fables Crossover" which is also the 13th book in the Fables series and seemingly beyond my grasp. If I ever get a hold of it I'll continue with Jack of Fables but for now I'm moving on to Hellboy. I love me some Hellboy.

So that's all for now. Goodbye and happy easter.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've never read that series, but it certainly sounds interesting. The main character sounds so insufferable he actually becomes fun.

    ReplyDelete