Monday 2 May 2011

50 Books Read and I Live to Tell the Tale


Well. It's finally done and what's more fitting a book to finish on than The Great Fables Crossover? I finally acquired the elusive volume today and I must say, it was worth the wait. I'm so glad this is all over, I probably would've lost my mind if I kept this up much longer.

Over the past 20 days I've read:
13 books from the Fables series
7 Jack of Fables
10 Hellboy
11 Sandman
3 Batman
3 Y: The Last Man
2 Umbrella Academy
and Mysterius the Unfathomable

My original plan had been to read just a couple comics from a bunch of different series', but that didn't quite work out as the library doesn't have as much of a selection as I would've liked. All in all, this was a "too much of a good thing" sort of experience. I certainly love me some comics, but keeping up the pace got in the way of many more important things. Additionally, it's very difficult to appreciate the art when you're rushing through the books. The illustrations are the most important part of comics!  On Sandman and Hellboy especially I would've loved to slow down and really appreciate the fantastic art. Well, as long as it's done.

This is my final post on this blog, it's been a fun ride. Well. To a certain extent that is.
And the rest was silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment